Monday, July 18, 2011

Soup & Bread

No matter the time of year, when it rains I want a good book, soup, homemade bread and of course a blanket. :) I went to the Gresham Farmer's Market with my mom and aunt on Saturday and fell in love with leeks.  They were big, bright and beautiful.  I decided that at some point either this week or next, I would make vegan potato and leek soup.  Mmmm.


Since you can pretty much count on it to rain in Portland at least once a week I thought it wouldn't be a problem to make this "fall food" in the middle of July.  Sure enough I woke up to rain pounding on the roof Sunday morning.  I loosely followed this recipe and Tiffany and I enjoyed some great potato and leek soup along with my homemade beer bread.  So yummy!




Vegan zuppa toscana is on the menu for the next rainy day!  Who's excited?

1 comment:

  1. that soup looks good. very "creamy" for vegan. i will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete